As our main Android developer, you’ll be responsible for the development of our Android app offering. You’ll work closely with our in-house iOS and backend developers on delivering features in an agile environment, as well as liaising with remote developers where necessary.
In the role, you will:
- Develop our proprietary Android app engine for running attraction apps
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable and reliable Java code
- Ensure that the app engine follows Android best-practices for the optimal user experience
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the application
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and automatisation
You will have the opportunity to utilise the latest cutting edge technologies and techniques, and have a significant impact on shaping the future of our Android app engine.
- Strong knowledge of Java, the Android SDK and the different versions of Android
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns and best practices including material design
- Familiarity with the use of built-in hardware sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Familiarity with the Firebase Cloud Messaging APIs
- Familiarity with BLE beacon functionality, such as iBeacons and Eddystone
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Testing experience, including unit testing
- A working suite of existing apps to showcase your talents
- Familiarity with the iOS ecosystem, including Swift, would also be helpful as new features will typically be developed in parallel
£25,000 to £45,000, depending on experience.
If this sounds like something you'd love to be a part of, we want to hear from you!
Email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.